Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

How do you get better at futsal

cilek
    cilek

How do you get better at futsal Empty How do you get better at futsal

Post by cilek Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:07 pm

Yo nerds, I'm bored at work and can't go home for an hour.

I consider myself a pretty bang average player on futsal who can play only gk at a mediocre standard. I feel I can fit in fine with good players, I can't really 'carry' games and boy do I baby kick a lot. I've been involved in the game for a long long time now and have seen guys come in fresh, get a basic understanding of the game and stay at a certain level for a while and then out of nowhere get to a very good level in a relatively short period of time.

Futsal is, in my opinion, 90% mentality - nobody's haxball circle can do anything different to anyone else's. Positioning, decision making, anticipation and understanding of teammates are probably enough to get you to a decent standard of play if not a very high level. The only things which help outside of that are things like reaction speed and muscle memory for lifts/dubs. With that in mind, I am more interested in the mental aspect of the game than the play brainlessly everyday so you feel 'warm' all the time side.

Recently I've been watching replays of Division 1 games to see how strong teams play and then watching replays of myself (lmao im embarrassingly bad) to see any glaring differences. I sit in the 'free for fs' channel when I wanna practice but this often means I don't get to pick my position. I ask people I see as high level players who I've known for a while for advice. If I'm really bored/keen I'll practice my control on my own in a closed room. Despite putting in what I see as a fair amount of effort in to a game as simple as haxball, I don't feel I get much better.

My dream scenario is having a group of 4-6 mates on to fs with most days and watch replays together and improve as a team but haxball is just a dying browser based game and I'm a young adult with a full time job.

Now I know a massive factor in how good you will be is how good the team you play with is, this is a team based game after all. What have you guys done in the past, or are doing now, which has helped you to improve?

tl;dr - how do I get from med to high+ on futsal?

DominoPL and tsukuyomi. like this post

TheGoal

How do you get better at futsal Empty Re: How do you get better at futsal

Post by TheGoal Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:05 pm

You have to find addict geeks like you and play with them kebab
    El_matador
    El_matador

Post by El_matador Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:12 am

Real men use macro to get better!

Sponsored content